Moisture and Mold Prevention Tips
Be proactive and prevent mold from growing in your Melbourne house by following these simple practice daily/weekly.
After the remediation and reconstruction is completed, facility managers and homeowners must commit to a mold-free environment by taking the necessary steps to prevent a recurrence mold contamination. Integrate the following practices into your Melbourne building management plan or Florida home maintenance practices.
- Moisture control is the key to mold control. When water leaks or spills occurs indoors – Act Quickly. If building materials, wet or damp, are dried within 24 to 48 hours after the leak or spill occurred, in most cases mold will not grow.
- Maintain all painted surfaces on exterior wood surfaces
- Clean and repair roof gutters regularly. Make sure the ground slopes away from the building foundation, so the water does not enter or collect around the foundation.
- Keep Air-conditioning drip pans clean and the drain lines unobstructed and flossing property.
- Keep indoor humidity low. If possible, keep indoor humidity below 60 percent (Ideally between 30 and 50 percent) relative humidity. Relative humidity can be measured with a moisture or humidity meter, a small, inexpensive instrument available at many hardware stores
- Do not carpet bathroom and utility rooms. Remove and replace flooded carpets.
- Strive for positive building pressure to reduce infiltration of humid, hot air.
- Avoid impermeable vinyl or other impermeable coverings on the interior building surfaces.
- Install vapor barriers based on climate.
- Vent appliances that’s produce moisture, such as clothes dryer, stoves, and kerosene heaters to the outside where possible.
- Use air conditioners and/or de-humidifiers.
- Run the bathroom fan or open the window when showering. Use exhaust fans or open window whenever cooking, running the dishwasher and dishwashing, etc.
SERVPRO of West Brevard Has DRYING Down to a Science in Viera, Florida
SERVPRO Crews are servicing the Viera and Rocledge residents 24 hours, 7 days a week. Start drying out before mold starts growing.
What is the Science of Drying?
The Science of Drying is a process that was created to establish guidelines, regulate techniques, and provide validation and Documentation on the drying process. This was developed out of the need to further validate the drying process and use more precise documentation on defining when a structure is dry.
Why is it important?
When it comes to water damage, there’s nothing more important than making sure the job is done right the first time. Doing so relies on a cleanup company that is on the frontline of training, technology, and technique. SERVPRO of West Brevard is an Industry Leader in all three.
SERVPRO’s DryBookTM Documentation
The DryBookTM is a proprietary tool that:
- Manages industry drying requirements
- Provides real-time documentations on the drying process
- Validates the serves are executed to standard
- Reports to all Stakeholders involved
- Allows real-time updates through DryBookTM Mobile integration
About Our Drying Services
SERVPRO of West Brevard specializes in water extraction and water restoration services. Our technicians are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly dry out your home or business quickly and safely. We service the residents of Melbourne, Suntree, Viera, Rockledge, East Viera and Palm Shores. Don’t hesitate to contact our office staff if you think an area in you home may have water damage. Schedule a Moisture Test at 321-953-8600
SERVPRO Training and Restoration Certifications
Restoration Certifications in Melbourne Florida.
If you’re in need of disaster repair in Melbourne, your SERVPRO of West Brevard team is here to help. Each and every one of our professionals is highly trained in property restoration to better serve our community. From initial and ongoing corporate training to regular e-training and continuing education classes, you can trust that your SERVPRO Professionals have the knowledge and experience to handle your disaster, no matter the size.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) is the governing body that sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. All members of the SERVPRO team study IICRC standards and best practices to know how to restore damaged properties correctly. The certifications include:
Applied Microbial Remediation Technician (AMRT): This course covers mold and sewage remediation techniques and how to perform the proper procedures in the field to keep all workers and occupants safe.
Applied Structural Drying Technician (ASD): Through this training, technicians learn how to dry water-damaged structures safely and efficiently.
Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT): This course covers pre-inspection, fabric identification, cleaning chemicals and equipment, and proper cleaning techniques.
Fire and Smoke Restoration Technician (FSRT): Through this training, technicians learn about smoke and fire damage, job planning, equipment, odor concepts, and practical cleaning procedures in fire and smoke settings.
Odor Control Technician (OCT): This course covers odor control, odor causes, and deodorization techniques.
Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician (UFT): Throughout this training, technicians go over fiber identifications and upholstery cleaning methods.
Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT): During this course, trainees learn about the concepts of water damage, its effects in different settings, and procedures to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination.
At SERVPRO, we understand that having the knowledge and training to handle an array of damages and disasters is crucial to meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers when restoration is required. Our extensive SERVPRO training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training: This voluntary, self-paced program allows our professionals to learn more about crew training, fire restoration, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and mold mitigation.
- Initial Franchise Training: This 15-day hands-on course at our training facility allows new franchise owners to master topics such as fire restoration and mold mitigation.
- e-Learnings: Through this web-based training, team members can stay up-to-date on industry standards and professional quality.
- Continuing Education Classes: These programs are designed for insurance agents, adjusters, real estate professionals, and franchise staff to learn more about emergency mitigation.
As your Melbourne disaster repair professionals, you can trust that we have the equipment and personnel to handle your cleanup and restoration needs. Often people will try to tackle their flood, mold, or fire issues without realizing that they will most likely do more harm than good without the appropriate technology and safety procedures. When you work with SERVPRO, you can trust that our services will restore your damaged property, while also keeping you, your family, and your belongings safe. Regardless of the cause or source, our team can handle any sized disaster.
Since 1967, SERVPRO has been changing the restoration and mitigation industry. To better serve our customers, SERVPRO created the National Training Center in 1992 to teach restoration and mitigation skills to franchise owners and insurance industry employees. Through professional training, our team is uniquely positioned and qualified to help when disaster strikes. Not only is our team trained in the most extensive performance guidelines in the industry, but we're also the ones who created them.
As a homeowner, having a certified team completing your damage restoration ensures that your home is safe and sound for you and your family. From your carpet to your ceiling and everywhere in between, our team has the expertise and tools so that you don’t have to worry about safety when playing with the kids on your living room carpet or preparing dinner on your kitchen counters. Whether it’s mold or fire that affects your home, our team will restore each and every piece to its pre-damage glory.
To learn more about our services, training, certifications, or processes, contact your Melbourne disaster restoration professionals today!
Financing To Fit your Needs
SERVPRO of West Brevard is excited to announce that we are now offering financial solutions for our customers through our new corporate partner, GreenSky Financing.
Why use GreenSky Financing?
GreekSky loan program is focused on simple and out-ranks its competitors in the financing business. They offer low monthly payments, no prepayment penalties, multiple ways to make payment, and quick approvals (same day in most cases), which allows us to let our customers rest assured that their property is being taken care of, as well as the payment. Financing terms are available for a variety of services- from deductibles, non-coverage on insurance claims, or even just a home remodel.
Why did SERVPRO partner with GreenSky?
We at SERVPRO of West Brevard realize that damages to your property, either residential or commercial, never come at a GOOD time. Sometimes we are prepared, but most of the time we aren’t…. so while SERVPRO of West Brevard helps make your property damage “Like it never even happened,” we can take some of the pressure of financing the job off as well.
How Does GreenSky Program Works?
Step #1: Customer Applies
Customers can apply online through the program website, by phone, or on the mobile application.
Step #2: Customer Gets Approved
Credit decisions can be delivered in SECONDS!!! The approved customers receive a GreenSky account number and loan agreement from the lender.
Step #3: You Get Funded
Use the customer’s GreenSky account number to process the payment just like a credit card.